Dear County Players Subscriber,
First, and most importantly, we hope that you and your loved ones remain safe and in good health during this unprecedented Covid-19 crisis. We are all doing our best to navigate the demands of this challenging time.
On behalf of the Board of Governors of County Players, I’d like to thank you for being a Season 62 (2019-2020) Subscriber and we hope that you already have or will consider renewing your Subscription for Season 63 (2020-2021) at County Players. Our supporters are our most cherished resource; we would not be here without you. And so, we write to keep you informed as we adapt in order to ensure that the County Players we all love will remain an enduring part of the cultural life of the Hudson Valley.
To that end, and after much careful consideration, the Board of Governors has decided to postpone the opening of Season 63 at County Players until October 2020. The health and safety of our community, including our audiences and our volunteers (in rehearsal, in performance, on the stage, on production crews, in the box office, in the aisles, etc.) and our community partners are our greatest concern. Given what we know at this time about the phased “reopening” process in New York and the Mid-Hudson region, we did not see a way to safely rehearse and perform the first shows of Season 63.
It is our plan to postpone the Main Stage productions of Pride and Prejudice (originally scheduled for July 2020) and Prelude To A Kiss (originally scheduled for September 2020) until July 2021 and September 2021, respectively. We will open Season 63 in October 2020 with the (previously rescheduled) CP2 Readers Theatre production of The Children. The Main Stage Subscription Season will offer Arthur Miller’s The Price (November 2020), Seven Keys to Baldpate (February 2021) and Young Frankenstein (May 2021), all as previously announced.
We will make plans to reopen our theatre safely and with the advice of CDC, New York State and Dutchess County as our guidelines. We will keep you informed.
Cancelling our production of Forum and postponing 40% of Season 63 has very real financial consequences for County Players. We ask for your patience and continued support as we continue to navigate this challenging time.
In the meantime, we are also exploring the feasibility of performing in an outdoor setting during the summer months. We look forward to that possibility and will welcome the opportunity to share a performance with the Village of Wappingers Falls and our community of supporters.
If you have questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to renew by phone, call the Box Office at 845-298-1491 and leave a message. The Box Office and the theatre are both currently closed; all messages will be returned by our volunteers just as soon as possible.
If you have already renewed your subscription for Season 63 (2020-2021):
- You will receive a 50% discount on your Season 64 (2021-2022) Subscription. This discount reflects the value of the tickets of the two postponed shows and an additional discount because you have already subscribed to Season 63.
- Your seats for the remainder of Season 63 will automatically be saved.
- These seats will also be reserved for you in Season 64 when it is announced (February 2021) and when renewals open for purchase.
- Your full Subscription in Season 63 (all five Main Stage shows) identifies you as a voting member of County Players during Season 63 (June 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021).
- Deadline: Sale of Full Season 63 Subscriptions (all five Main Stage shows) will stop as of 11:59pm on June 30, 2020.
If you purchased tickets to the CP2 production of The Children
(originally scheduled for June 2020), now scheduled for October 10 & 11, 2020:
- Your tickets have already been transferred. No further action is required. You will be issued updated tickets.
If you have yet to renew your subscription for Season 63 (2020-2021):
- You have until June 30, 2020 to renew your full five show Main Stage Subscription for Season 63 in order to retain your same seats, retain voting rights, and receive a 50% discount for next season.
If you choose NOT to renew your subscription for Season 63:
(and we understand your concerns), we will reach out after the June 30 deadline and offer a 3-Show package.
These 3-show packages: (available only to last Season’s Subscribers.)
- will allow you to save your same seats,
- will not be offered to the general public,
- will not offer the same benefits as a full five show Main Stage Season 63 Subscription, including the 50% discount on Season 64 renewals.
- Deadline: Sale of 3-Show packages (The Price, Seven Keys, Young Frankenstein) will stop as of 11:59pm on August 31, 2020.
If none of these are options for you, you may purchase individual tickets to specific shows as seats are released to the public on September 1, 2020.
From all of us to all of you, we thank you. During this critical time, your support means more than ever. We hope that you stay well and that we will all be able to gather again soon at the County Players Falls Theatre.
Christine E. Crawfis
PRESIDENT, Board of Governors
County Players, Inc.